Brake Discs: Staying Safe on the Roads
Whether it is during the holiday season or during the working season, it is always important to stay safe on the roads. During the holidays the roads become so congested because everyone is generally travelling to the same vacation destinations. Whilst during the working months most people work in the same metropolitan areas which lead to those highways being extremely busy. With so many cars on the roads these days it is necessary to do your part in order to stay safe on the roads.
- Be courteous on the roads. Allow other drivers a space ahead of you, if they require. Use your indicators so that other drivers know which way you intend to turn. Keep safe braking distances as this can help you to avoid an accident that may occur in front of you.
- Stick to the speed limit. Don’t be tempted to drive too fast. Speed is a killer whether you believe it or not. You may think that you’re in control of the vehicle, and you may be, but it is the unexpected actions of other drivers or pedestrians on the road that could lead to a devastating accident.
- Be mindful of pedestrians and cyclists. There are many pedestrians and cyclists on the road. It is important to note that they are road users too. Just like you, they also have to go to work and back home again. Be aware of them just as you are aware of other cars.
- Buckle up. It’s surprising how many people ignore this simple instruction yet seatbelts save so many lives. Everyone in the car which includes the driver as well as all passengers should buckle up at all times.
- Ensure that your vehicle is roadworthy. Make sure that your vehicle has no problems that can affect its driving abilities. Take it for regular services to check the engine, oil and water levels, wheels, tyres, gearbox, brakes, etc. If any car part is not working, such as the brake discs, it is important to repair it immediately. Any faulty car parts can affect the proper working of the car which could lead to an accident.
- Overtake carefully. If you need to pass another vehicle, take extra care to check whether the road ahead is clear. Also check that no other cars are trying to overtake you in the process. Many accidents occur during overtaking other vehicles because the driver underestimates the distance and speed at which the other car is driving towards them.